Friday, May 22, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

The family and I have some very big plans this weekend, like other weekends, it probably won't take much to get us off track and distracted. That is pretty much what life entails these days...last weekend we had big plans of bringing Quinn to the pool for his first swim, we got his swimmers ready, and sunscreen slathered on, all of the bags, snacks, extra diapers packed and loaded up the stroller with all of our goods, started walking down the street to the pool, and then......dun, dun, dunnnnnn.....a huge rain cloud rolls in and starts spewing lightning and thunder, we continue on our way because sometimes in SC the weather is crazy and we were thinking that this could pass, and it did...so I got Quinn all ready and we start to walk into the water, and it was freezing, and then another rain cloud rolled in doing the same as the first, and I decided that it just wasn't meant to be, plus, there wasn't anyway that I was getting past my shins in that freezing water! Which is really too bad because we just bought a new digital camera from Olympus and it is an underwater camera. We were really looking forward to catching Quinn's little feet kicking around. Maybe this weekend, but probably not, cause I think there is a chance it could storm, and it will wait for us to have everything packed and be halfway down there before it hits us.

Back to the plans for the weekend, we are going to try to go to the Riverbanks Zoo, and possibly do a grill-out with Jen, Ty, and Gracie. I am also going to try to run the almost 4 mile loop by my house. I may have to walk some of it, and that is okay, but I am going to do it anyway. I have been running a little over a mile everyother morning. I kind of like it, it gives me a little alone time, and since it is 5:00 AM when I do it, there is not very many people in our neighborhood up, so they don't have to see me huffing and puffing my way past their house. I don't even want to know what I look like when I run, especially since I know what I look like when I get back from my run, and it isn't pretty. I get red in the face very easily, and it generally takes a good 30 minutes to get back to normal. Thankfully I am not really trying to get skinny, just fit. I would be okay with myself if my tummy didn't look like a donut.

No comments: